Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Spinach salad, with goat cheese and walnuts


I don’t know if this happens to you, but usually when I buy spinach, I am always left with some in the fridge that I don’t manage to use. They sell you a big package and only my husband and I eat spinach. You know kids ... they see something green on the plate and there is no way they will open their mouths.

But this time I managed to use all spinach by preparing two different dishes: a spinach salad for dinner and chickpeas with spinach for lunch the next day.

Now for the salad, the recipe for the beans I will explain in another post ...

I will not include quantities for the ingredients, I leave that to your individual taste.



SPINACH SALAD, WITH GOAT CHEESE AND WALNUTS

Baby spinach
Tomato
Goat cheese
Walnuts
Raisins
Virgin olive oil
Balsamic vinegar
Salt

The preparation is very simple. Wash and dry spinach leaves thoroughly. Chop and place them on a plate. On top add diced tomatoes, diced cheese, raisins and walnuts. Dress it all with a vinaigrette made with one part of vinegar to three of oil.


No comments:

Post a Comment