Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Green bean salad

I had not bought green beans in a while. My children do not like them so it does not solve the problem of what to prepare for dinner. But the other day they had some very good ones in the shop and the greengrocer convinced me to buy some. "A handful for two who do not eat much" I said to him, otherwise he will sell me the entire box! I know by experience. :-)

They were useful for Sunday dinner. Of course, I had to prepare something else for the kids.





GREEN BEAN SALAD (for 2)

Green beans
1 medium potato
1 egg
Lemon juice
Olive oil
Salt

Cut and wash the green beans (if they are flat, remove the strands of the sides). In a pot of lightly salted boiling water put the beans with potatoes (peeled and cut into chunks) and the egg. When the beans are tender drain the water, peel and cut the egg in small pieces and finally dress it with olive oil and lemon.


It is a very light and easy dish to prepare. In the photo, it has a touch of hot sauce that my husband prepares with hot peppers that he grows, but I will tell you about it another time.

See you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment