Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Chocolate chip cookies


Last Friday my sister came to visit me. We took the opportunity to make cookies. She gave me this recipe years ago. She got it from an American girl she met when she was studying at university, and although I guess I can not compete with Americans at making cookies, the result was great. If anything, next time I will take them out of the oven a little bit earlier because when they cooled completely they were a little bit too crispy.




CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

112 g unsalted butter
110 g brown sugar
55 g white sugar
1 egg
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
205 g flour
½ teaspoon of baking soda
¼ teaspoon of salt
180 g of chocolate chips (I put 130g of black chocolate and 50 g of milk chocolate)

Mix well butter at room temperature with the two sugars. Add the egg and vanilla extract and re-mix.

Aside mix the flour, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips and add to other mixture.

Place the mixture in the freezer for a while until it gets a bit solid so that you can roll little balls with it. Put them on parchment paper, leaving enough separation between them, and bake at 190 degrees C until they begin to brown at the edges.

With these quantities I got two trays full of cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment