Monday, January 30, 2012

Marble cake


Definitely, last week was the “cake week” at home. Yesterday I baked the third one! I guess we will not eat any more cakes for a while, to forget the binge.

The new thing was the marble cake I made using the recipe for yogurt cake (for me, a basic recipe in baking). Normally, I always do the lemon-flavored yogurt cake, but this time I changed the lemon zest for vanilla extract, and I added two tablespoons of cocoa in the mix. The result is great and very colorful.

I would have liked to put a picture of the whole cake but there was always someone who couldn’t wait to get his teeth into it!



MARBLE CAKE

1 natural yogurt (I'm using Greek yogurt lately)
1 measure of oil
2 measures of sugar
3 measures of flour
3 eggs
1 sachet of baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons cocoa powder

In a bowl put the yogurt and using the yogurt pot as a measure add the oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. Mix all very well using a whisk. Next, add the flour mixed with the baking powder. I like to pass it through a strainer to remove any lumps. Again, mix everything thoroughly.

Pour 2/3 of this mix into a greased mold. Add the cocoa powder to the remaining mixture. Mix well and pour into the mold over the non-cocoa mixture. Using a knife and making up and down circular movements slightly mix the two mixtures.



Bake at 180 degrees C until ready (when inserting a toothpick, it comes out clean).

No comments:

Post a Comment