Monday, December 12, 2011

Squid in sauce


A quick and tasty recipe. I made it the other day just for myself. I didn’t what to cook anything complicated but didn’t want the typical fried egg and chips.

In the freezer, I always have frozen squid that I normally use for paella. This time I gave them a different use.




SQUID IN SAUCE (for 1)

3 small squids
½ onion
1 clove of garlic
1 teaspoon of paprika
1 teaspoon of tomato sauce
Olive oil
White wine
Chopped parsley
Salt

Clean the squid and cut them into rings. In a pot with a splash of oil (I did in the pressure cooker to save time, but can be cooked in any other pot), fry the onion and garlic finely chopped, being careful not to burn them. 


Add the squid and cook for a couple of minutes then add paprika, tomato sauce and a splash of white wine and close the pressure cooker for 5 minutes. If you use a normal pot, add also some water and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the squids are tender. 


Add salt to taste and chopped parsley and serve with white rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment